Yet another world premiere for FibreMax. In the first quarter of 2016 we installed 2 sets boom pendants on the CAT7495HF electric rope shovels.
After exploring our clients needs, we designed a product with the following characteristics:
- 90% less weight than steel
- 2 to 3 times longer life span than steel
- no maintenance
- 35% more shock load forgiving
The combination of all these characteristics made them to choose FibreMax. One of the biggest challenges with mining machines is reducing down time and increasing safety!
Because of the higher stretch we are able to solve another big issue called “boom cracking”. When the operator “jack’s” the boom, a lot of high shock load is put on the pendant and boom. Because steel is non-forgiving this big shock load makes the welds in the boom crack. The FibreMax cable is more forgiving and absorbs the high shock load. Resulting in 50% ( !! ) less boom cracking.
When the pendant needs to be replaced eventually it takes only 1 day, because it is 90% lighter which also makes it a lot safer!
We already equipped 2 shovels with these pendants, the next sets will be installed later this year.
Would you like to know more about the custom solutions we can offer you?
Please contact us at email@example.com
- Minesto Deep Green - World's longest parallel wound tether
- World's 1st synthetic pendant for CAT rope shovel
- Synthetic IBS ropes for Marion 8200 dragline
- Lightweight crane pendants with breaking strength of 680mT
- Stronger and lighter crane pendants
- The rise of synthetic rope products in the crane industry
- Aramid breakloadtest
- FibreMax supplies tether for offshore application
- Successful break load test of 710mT (6972kN)