FibreMax HMPE cables are mainly produced with Dyneema®. Dyneema®, invented by DSM Dyneema, is a High Modulus Polyethylene (HMPE) fibre that offers maximum strength combined with minimum weight.
FibreMax cables made with Dyneema® are as strong as steel-wire ropes, polyester or nylon ropes, but offer smaller diameters and significant less weight (when compared at the same MBL). This increased strength and weight reduction offers major advantages in terms of easier handling, increasing safety, faster operations and downsizing of constructions.
- Available in different grades, depending on creep properties
- High strength-to-weight ratio
- HMPE has creep which should be considered in certain applications (consult FibreMax for more information)
- Good UV resistance
- Excellent fatigue life
- Low elongation
- Good chemical resistance
Dyneema cables can be used in a wide range of applications such as
- Deep sea mooring (e.g. TLP tendons)
- Offshore and marine installations
- Heavy Lifting