FibreMax can provide infrastructure companies, architects, designers and construction manufacturers with guy cables (guy wires) that suit their most demanding request. Guy cables (guy wires) of FibreMax can be used in suspension bridges and cable stayed bridges.
FibreMax guy cables and guy wires are especially of interest for suspensions bridges since as the span length of a suspension bridge increases, the weight of the main cables will increase in relation to the total weight of the suspended structure and a higher percentage of the cable stress will therefore be related to the self-weight of the cables themselves. With lightweight cables of FibreMax this stress will be greatly reduced.
Using lightweight endless winding cables has the following advantages:
- Cost-saving engineering and manufacturing because of more lightweight construction
- Production of exact lengths with perfect repeatability for repeat orders or replacement
- The terminations are custom engineered and can be designed to sizes suitable to the connecting points of the structure
- Pre-stretching of the cables is not required because FibreMax cables have no construction stretch
- Cables can be supplied in different colours to suit the structure
- Less manpower and installation time required so reduced installation costs
- Less (no) maintenance required